Waiting to Adopt

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RENEWAL OF DECLARATION

My declaration is due for renewal on 20th April so I contacted the Adoption Board there recently to find out what I needed to do as it was all a bit unclear. 

I was told to apply for the new Declaration about 4-6 weeks prior to the current Declaration expiring.
The Authority requires you to return the original Declaration. If that is not possible, then the Authority requires that you submit a letter from the Court/Authority in the country where it is lodged explaining same. In that case the Authority will issue a letter stating that your Declaration is valid from 1/11/2010 to 31/10/2012.

My agency has very kindly contacted the MOJ to request this letter for me so I'm just waiting for the letter to arrive.  Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment